Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Another Sew-A-Long



That's right boys and girls, I'm doing another sew-a-long. But not to make it a crazy thing, I'm working on one of the projects I had chosen for my Spring Palette Challenge. Since Spring in the Western Hemisphere is not technically over until June 21rst, I'm going to say that the Spring Challenge is still ON.


So I've signed up for Pattern~Scissors~Cloth RTW Tailoring Sew-A-Long. My chosen project will be Newlook 6564. Though I haven't quite decided WHICH view I want to do. I have plenty of my "wearable muslin" fabric in black (pictured above) for View C, but my floral linen I may only have enough for View D. I'm not doing ruffles. No, instead I am going to be making piping out of the green crepe pictured to the far right.

I'm leaning toward View C due to the fact that, given my shape and size, it will be much more flattering for my figure. Any thoughts or comments from the peanut gallery(I mean that in the most loving way possible)?

Stay tuned for my silk tank top (almost done!) and my Vintage Sewalong (I can see the light at the end of the tunnel).

1 comment:

  1. That is a super-cute pattern! (But then, we've explored my love of cropped jackets a little excessively at this point, haven't we...) I really like view C... the sleeves are shorter, that should count for something fabric-wise, right? Or perhaps you could do a contrast collar and facings...

    ReplyDelete