Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Velvet Jacket and Flannel Skirt

I think I've pretty much said everything I can about these two items of clothing I can. The skirt zipper leaves a bit to be desired, but I'm calling it good after I totally serged the seams before inserting zipper. I'm not caring.  Other pro-tip: When taking photos, do the hat photos last, so as to not mess up hair. I remembered that this time. Small victories. 

Hi, how are you, check out my new skirt and jacket.
Katie mentioned this looked very Goth like and I'm all "Yeah! Corporate Goth!"

BUTTS! LOL

mmm... zipper wrinkle.

Oh look, boobs.

My lining, let me show you it.

I said to hubby "I make funny faces" He said "What? Where?" Weapons of mass distraction!

Here's a better shot of the jacket lining, with bonus funny face.


I made this cami too, like a million years ago. Then I decided I didn't want to make anymore camis, too much work. Then I tried to buy nice ones again, and they all suck. *sighs*

I are cute lady-k.

POCKETSES! I HAZ THEM!


This is to show that the actual lining doesn't show until I do something like put my hands in my pockets. And that I did manage to line up plaid. Also, I love this belt.

25 comments:

  1. Love, love, love!! Also, bonus points for saying both boobs and butt in the same blog post. You win!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I bet that should make my "search term results" way more interesting for a while.

      Delete
  2. They go great together. We need a little more Corporate goth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous! Great styling and much loveliness...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit all around! I love the contrast lining in the jacket. And you're right--store bought camis do totally suck. Those shelf bras are not very friendly to anyone bigger than an A-cup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the lining too! And yeah, I have one awesome store-bought cami that is near its end of days. I think I may just do a rub-off of that one (and this one was an attempt at copying that one with a pattern).

      Delete
  5. The jacket turned out great! Good work:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both of them just as much as I knew I would when you first mentioned the making of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you! I'm very happy with the final product.

      Delete
  7. Great stuff, you! Looks fun and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are cracking me up!!!!! corporate goth with WMDS. LOOK OUT. i love it girl. i'm glad to see you in katzas again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My previous job at a much less stuffy company I got pegged as "the Corporate Goth". I kinda stuck in my head.

      Delete
    2. you girls make me laugh so much... lovely outfit

      Delete
  9. Yeah for corporate goth! I think the purple goes really well w/ your coloring too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love purple. Its up there with red and green.

      Delete
  10. Corporate Goth is completely fantastic! LOVE that jacket especially!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the jacket too. So happy with it, its become a wardrobe staple.

      Delete
  11. Awesomesauce! I love it all, though the WMDs might be my fave... /sigh. Mine just don't work that way.

    Love the cami. I just nearly killed myself making my hubs a tank top... major pain in the butt. I have a feeling he will be buying future ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, but lady, you got legs TO DIE FOR. I envy that.

      Delete