Monday, January 14, 2013

Pinning Inspiration

The whole reason my thought train is going down this path is because of Sarai's post about the insidious nature of "stuff" on Pinterest. And I totally get what she is saying, the wanting of pretty things can get under your skin.  Seeing all the beautifully decorated houses can make you feel like the worst house cleaner in the world (at least it does me, but a friend who cleans for a living assures me its not as bad as I think it is).

But Pinterest can be a pretty useful tool for inspiration. A while back I said that my moodboard was a song. A song called "The Land of Green Ginger".  And taking a non-literal route for clothing inspiration I've created this mood board and here are some of my favorite images from it. Some of them even inspired specific outfits out of my stash. I'll post more of those as the month progresses.  OH, and one last thing.  I finally start a day shift next week for the first time since Mom passed away. 



Color in the winter, muted pastels against the snow is what this makes me think of.


Source: thefancy.com via Lady on Pinterest

Otherworldly structure imposed on nature.

Source: tumblr.com via Lady on Pinterest

Nature has beautiful brown earth tones, makes me think of trousers.

Source: ilyke.net via Lady on Pinterest

Honestly, this one just speaks for itself.

Source: weheartit.com via Lady on Pinterest

Turquoise. That's all.



Pink and black, fast becoming one of my favorite combinations.

Source: flickr.com via Lady on Pinterest

Gates. Man-made structures surrounded by the soon-to-take-over greenery of a garden, like barely contained chaos.

Wow, I had no idea that was going to be so hard to decide on. I challenge y'all to make a mood board with non-literal inspiration and share it in the comments below, or on your blog.

4 comments:

  1. I found these pictures beautiful, interesting, and very creative. Should I build a board for myself. A very intriguing idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Those are fabulous images, thanks for the snippits of beauty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm... I have a "blue & white" board that's part literal and part not. I don't feel like going to Pinterest right now, though, it's a wormhole... I may let you know later. :-)
    I like the "otherworldly structure imposed on nature" one, and the cat with the butterflies the most here, I think. Though - that velvety brown butterfly that makes you think of trousers...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. such beauty!! I agree with Sarai about pinterest, but all you have to do is change your focus and it can be surprisingly easy to filter out the repetitive stuff you don't want to see once you've found some people who share what you like to see :)

    ReplyDelete