Monday, January 3, 2011

The Power Of Naps

Hello Ladies! (and possibly gents)

I just had to share this because it is ever so relevant to sewing. I'm married, I have kids, and I work. With those three hats that I wear there is also the seamstress in me. The one that desperately wants to create fabulous clothing even through the haze of exhaustion. Because its a hobby I do all these other things first and then I sit down and stare at my sewing machine, or at the patterns and ideas and swatches of fabric that litter the top of my desk and dream big and want to start. But I can't. I can't because when I focus, I hyper focus. Other things get shut out. I forget to eat, clean, pay attention to the kids, and of course, sacrifice sleep.

Don't do it. Don't sacrifice these things but most importantly DON'T SACRIFICE SLEEP. You need it for your brain to function. You need it to be able to focus on work, on the kids, on your relationships. Heck, you need it to maintain healthy weight! And you'll be less likely to ruin that lovely fabric you just broke the bank on so you make that fabulous outfit.

I'll admit it, I cheat on my friends so I can get more sleep... and sewing time in.

No comments:

Post a Comment