Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Because I Promised

Here are some of the photos I took on our trip up to the Appalachians. This was about an hour and a half drive north of where I live. The most memorable, besides the bear trashing our campsite, was the horseback ride through the back country. We got to see some of the old talc mining entrances, some beautiful waterfalls (I didn't get to take pictures, not taking an expensive camera on horseback, thanks), and then we were attacked by a swarm of yellow jackets. Simon's horse took the brunt of it and tried to panic and run down the mountain. But Simon kept his head and his horse under control long enough our guide got hold of the harness and calmed the horse down. I'm so proud of that boy. Both my children really. We also went swimming and Geocaching.

You can see my house from here.

Candid photo of my daughter.

Walking stick bug!
I love the look on my daughter's face. Its so... something. Makes me laugh.

Brother and Sister. This is about their normal pose.

Exploring the woods

Cool Snail!

Random leaves

Boy and his horse. :)

This was our guide, Alexis. (The woman, not the horse) She was a natural.

Not really any pictures of me as I was behind the camera. I haven't pushed myself so hard physically in a long time so its been several days in recovering. Of course, from one thing to another... Gonna go sit with my Mom for a couple hours before going to work. Take care ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment