Saturday, August 25, 2012

So, What is this Dragon*Con Thing You Speak Of?

I go on about it just about every year, its a bigger deal in terms of costuming than Halloween for me, but it spills over.  And I realize that there are many who read this blog that may not know what it is.  So here's the official blurb:

Dragon*Con is the largest multi-media, popular culture convention focusing on science fiction and fantasy, gaming, comics, literature, art, music, and film in the universe! With over thirty-five fan based tracks, 3500 hours of panels, workshops, gaming, a parade down Peachtree, film festivals, art show, comics and pop art, nightly concerts and parties, bands and DJs, tons of costume contests, dealers, and exhibitors, all squeezed into four short days, Dragon*Con is non-stop FUN!
They don't mention that there is also fan tracks for Science, Space, and Robotics, not to mention the Electronic Frontier Foundation has a presence there. This is how I got to meet several people from NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory and  other professional scientists that do a lot of educational outreach. And about 85% of everyone I know will be there. For serious. It used to be a big party but lately its more for us to catch up with old friends and watch the younger generation of geeks and nerds go "hey look, other people are as into stuff as I am!".

But lets get back to the costumes.  This is absolutely the best video I have ever seen that captures what goes on.  Watch in High Def if at all possible. Its long, but seriously worth the watch.  Let me know when you find Waldo.




So if you are going to be at this event and want to meet me "In the Flesh", follow me on Twitter .  I will occasionally park myself in one spot. Usually its the board game area in of the Hilton (lowest level).  I would love to play a match of "Give Me the Brain".

Also this year I am working for a friend on Friday and Saturday at "Wolfhome Adventuring Outfitters" and probably modeling in a show for her.  And I have a preparty to go to... that I still need to finish that dress for...

So I should get on that, huh?  Cheers!



1 comment:

  1. AHHHHHH!!! So. Jealous. Have an amazing time and take lots and lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete