Monday, August 8, 2011

Late To The Party


I have some sorta-good-news. And also some self-indulgent whining, and then wine-ing. As you can tell by the above picture, I have not had much in the way of good rest lately. Look at those raccoon eyes!

The good news is Mamma Katza apparently found out about Oona's Birthday Party and decided to wake-up just in time! In fact she demanded that the nurse call me at 3:30 in the morning. I work nights, so not really unreasonable. Except that I was in a pain medicine induced sleep because apparently fighting off bears isn't what causes my back to have a relapse. Nooooo.

No. It was picking a lid to the sauce pan off the floor that did it. *Insert screaming here*

But, lets focus on the fact that Momma Katza is awake, and she still knows my name! Never-mind the fact that she can no longer feed herself and that she thinks she's in Scandinavia. That's not important. What's important is that her grand babies are no longer bawling their eyes out cause Grandmama Katza doesn't know who they are. Thank Goodness for small favors.

So here at Casa de Katza we're taking it one day at a time. I DID try to finish sewing up a red sparkly dress for the party (it was one of the three I had cut out a couple weeks ago). Halfway through I realized I'd only cut out one half of the skirt portion. *HEADDESK* So I decided to work on #3, an outrageously skimpy number out of STRIPED fabric. Oona would be proud of me. Its pretty wild for me. I just need to make some more self-bias-binding and i'll be ready to roll.

I am also going to jump in on the Rooibos Sew-a-Long since I had JUST bought some fabric for that dress when it was announced. AND I'm going to work on the RTW Tailoring one from ages ago(cropped jacket), going with my original plan of using black velvet, since it will match my Rooibos. Ya know, once that mythical cold weather gets here.

I also want to make several Sorbettos. Its just going to be a Colette couple of months around here. And while all that's being planned, I've made doctor's appointments about my back to find out if we should just wait and see if it calms down or if I'm gonna need another MRI (and god-forbid, more surgery).

So, Oona, I raise a glass of wine to toast the end of your birthday week. I'm glad it was a great one!

1 comment:

  1. that. is. WONDERFUL!!!!! i am so happy for you and your family, and your momma so sounds fiesty ordering that nurse around at 3:30am!

    i will wait patiently for your dress(es; red parkly? striped? BRILLIANT), and we can have belated birthday bloggy cocktails when you're ready :)

    ReplyDelete