Sunday, September 23, 2012

Horde Shirt


I sewed something!!  The buttons go the wrong way for a men's shirt (The precedence for why this is even an issue in the first place is strange, and religious in nature), but doing it the 'correct' way would have messed up the pattern placement.  I didn't bother with a top button, as Simon probably wouldn't bother with it anyway.  This is McCall's 6226, which is out of print now, and really a shame too. Its a very versatile pattern if you have growing boys.

This is World of Warcraft "Horde" print that I got from Spoonflower some time ago.  I had promised to get it done for school, but failed, so this has sort of been a blockage in my creative output because I felt guilty for not finishing it.  I feel better now, and hopefully I'll be able to get the juices flowing.

In any case, I have a happy young man right now.  I'll do more construction details later.

3 comments:

  1. I wouldn't wear it, but I understand Simon wanting too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FOR THE HORDE!!!

    I love your shirt. It reminds me of the days when my undead priestess and I would roam through the hills holy rolling the undead monsters there. Ah,those were the days ;)

    Love the fabric and I hope Simon wears it often :)

    ReplyDelete